Run for the Roses was a wonderful race! It was a hard 5k for me to run and it was a cold day. I was not feeling that great and Skylar was cold that day as well. However we ran our races and enjoyed our day :) We had lots of friends there to share the day with as you will see in the pictures. I ran the 5k race in 30:20 which is a record for me. I wanted to complete it in 30:00 and just feel short :( However this time is an improvement from my previous 5k pace of 33:40, so I am very proud of myself. Skylar came in 4th in her race and ran so fast we could hardly get a picture of her! She enjoyed her race and she is very proud of herself and her medal that she received!! Hailey's soccer tournament was cancelled that weekend so she and Eric came to the race and watched all the kids while the other ran the race. It was Traci, Steve, Cyndy, Lindsey, her sister and I all running. Then Skylar and Makenna ran the 1/4 mile kids race. It was a cold and windy day but we all had so much fun being there together and running for a good cause. The profits of this race went to help train dogs for assisted living. (this means even more to me!) Steve and Traci came in 2nd for couples. It was a very good day and ended with us all getting together at Cyndy's house for some Super Bowl fun and food!!! :)
It will be a while before I can post again. I think that I am doing well with trying to keep up and I hope that you all are enjoying this!! :)
Outdoor soccer practice starts this week, so we will be at practice Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday nights and then we will have games on Saturday and Sunday and basketball along with indoor soccer is still going on until the first week in March, so things are going to get a little crazy around here! (what's different right?!LOL)
I am also still in training, I have another race I would like to do in April and then my 2 triathlons in May and June. PLUS Eric and I are going to Hawaii in a month
(March 12-21). Having said all of this my goal is to post pictures after we get back from Hawaii. I will hopefully have some outdoor soccer pictures to post along with some Hawaii pictures to enjoy.
Please take care to everyone and we miss you all and love you tons!!!
Skylar and I after our race with our Rose and Medal :)
The Family
Skylar and Makenna before the race
The girls after we are done running
Skylar Running :)
Me Running :)

Skylar and Makenna after their race, we are SO PROUD if them!!!

E's Day care while we all ran the race. We love you E!! :)

The girls before the race
No comments:
Post a Comment